Matt Presti, the former President of the Walter Russell University, returns to discuss the modern day truth seeking process. We rap on topics such as following one’s inner guidance system, not getting trapped in group-think (even within the truth seeking world), creative inspiration, patriotism and much more.
If you’re into the truth, you’ll be into this episode.
Watch or listen by searching “Here for the Truth” on any podcast provider, or right here: https://www.hereforthetruth.com/episodes/episode134
In regard to the above clip, it brings to mind a particular passage from Walter Russell's "Book of Desire,"—part of his Message of the Divine Iliad (39,000 words written down in ecstasy - 1921).
The Eastern philosophy of "destroying your ego" or "ridding yourself of desire" to escape the karmic wheel is antithetical to a true life imho. These words convey from the Western mystical tradition, the idea that desire is a purposeful part of our existence, for without it, there would be no universe, and therefore no you or me.
"The Divine Iliad - The Book of Desire"
21. “There are those among men of earth who will deem desire unholy. These seek holiness, and Me, through the suppression of all desires.”
22. “These sit in quietude, seeking Me through meditation but acting not to manifest My purpose. Yet these ask alms, in My name, of those who fulfill My purpose through thought followed by action.
23. “I command thee to tell these misguided holy men, who sell their holiness for a price to those who unknowingly buy naught of holiness for their wasted gold, that they who thus sit begging by the road in mortifying rags shall never find Me whom they seek until they act to fulfill My purpose.
24. “Tell thou them that they are as unclean in thy Father-Mother’s eyes as the stench of them is unwholesome to men of earth.
25. “Said I not these very words in the beginning of thy full knowing Me in thee: ‘Desire is of the Soul, the Soul being record of the desire fulfilled by action for repeating its pattern in the seed?’
29. “Hear thou Me when I again say that My recorded universe is purposeful. It is idea expressed through action. It is not just idea in thought alone, being never writ through the inter-action of the interweaving lights of My thinking.
30. “Wherefore, say I, there would be no universe were My thinking not recorded by the action of my extended lights of desire in Me.
31. “If these useless beggars by the road think themselves holy for the suppression of desire to fulfill My purpose by actions which fulfill My purpose, then am I, their One God, unholy for desiring them to fulfill My purpose?
34. "Sit thou not and ask, acting not, for unless thou reach out thy desire it shall not walk thy way to thee, unaided by thy strong arms."
Authentic | Inspiring | Original
This is where I post my thoughts, writings and various creative productions. Feel free to share the links.